Friday, March 18, 2011

More Bears :)

So nothing too big happened between yesterday and today save for one thing, which I will tell you about after some more cute bear pictures, you know you love them!!

Claire bear was sleeping like this when we came in

She got up, moved, and lay back down like this, too cute

 
Chochmo scratching on a rock, makes me think of Baloo in the jungle book!


Finding food, Chochmo up the log structure!

The girls taking a nap

Chomp!

Oso and Mak enjoying their hide burritos for midday enrichment

 Chomping away!!


As previously mentioned there was one big event yesterday. Yesterday was kind of a hectic day as it was just me and Anna, with one of the vet students, Roberto, helping for the day. However, during the afternoon our local news station KPIC came by to do a story on Safari for Spring Break. Dan Brands, the curator asked me if I could do a Big Bear for them. So I had my very first news interview. I have been there when they have done stories and been on footage, but Sarah usually does all the talking. I don't know if I mentioned it, but Sarah and Valerie both went on vacation starting Wednesday and they won't be back until Monday, which leaves me as head of the Carnivore department, and us a bit short staffed for the first few days of Spring break. But so far so good. Anyways back tot he news, Big Bear went smoothly, the reporter seemed to love it, I felt like I talked too much and thought of things I wished I said afterward, but all in all I think it went well. Here is a link to the story, let me know what you guys think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment