Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Miscellaneous Photos

Cheetah Day on 3/02
Got to do a Cheetah encounter for Jenn, our Ungulate intern and her family, and she was nice enough to take a picture of me with the cubbies.


I got to do a Lion 101 encounter for Education on 3/03. There was about 30 children and four or five adults all watching me train Sarabi and Tau. I have a bit of a hard time with younger children because I have to remember to bring my lion talk down to their level, but I always think its going to be harder than it actually is. i think this encounter went pretty well. Other than that it was a smooth day. Got some cute shots of the girls waiting to come inside.

Claire is ready for dinner!
So is Russ

We played some tug-of-war with Tau too! He loves this game.


On 3/04 snagged a nice shot of Keeno in the morning.






And the bears got some Apple browse in the huts with dinner. They had a lot of fun with them.







On 3/08 it was a fairly busy day. The biggest thing was we had a tug-of-war encounter with Sarabi for Education. It was a home-school group with about 9 children and 8 adults. We did not use Tau at all so we wouldn't have to work with him to let go of the rope. This was the first time I gave a real encounter with this and fit in a lion talk in the beginning. As I mentioned I find this harder with young children but I think it went well. Sarabi did excellent. She played four or five time and pulled almost every time. She did give up and let go one time, which would have been fine but everyone holding on to the other end fell flat on the ground! Fortunately they were all fine and enjoyed it immensely. I also did a bit of training with her to show them all her behaviors. I was pleased she did very well at this too!

"Where is that rope?"

No comments:

Post a Comment